(AP) —The trial of a southern Indiana man charged with killing another man in a McDonald’s drive-thru in Bedford won’t start until next month.
Jury selection was scheduled to start Tuesday, with opening statements expected Friday. It won’t start now until September 11th.
Court records have been sealed in the case. But an attorney for 23-year-old Evan Schaffer previously said he acted in self-defense when he shot 25-year-old Justin Lampkins, of Bloomington.
Lawrence County Chief Public Defender David Shircliff says the former Marine grabbed Schaffer’s throat and was about to hit him with a weapon before Schaffer shot him outside the Bedford restaurant.
Police say Schaffer fled the scene but was arrested a short while later.