If you have any Amazon powered device like the Echo, Echo Dot, Echo Plus, Echo Spot or the Echo Show you now have WAMW’s local news on demand!
To add WAMW’s Local News Skill to your device….
- Open you Alexa App on your smart phone.
- Press the 3 Lines menu at the top left of the screen and choose Skills.
- In the Search All Skills Bar and type “WAMW” without the quotes and touch the magnifying glass.
- Find the “WAMW Washington Indiana Local News Skill and touch it.
- Press the blue Enable button.
- Once the Skill has been enabled touch the Settings button.
- Touch the Manage Flash Briefings button.
- Make sure the WAMW News Skill has the slide button slid to the right and is blue, not gray.
Try it out!
- Simply say “Alexa, what’s in the news?” or say “Alexa, what’s my flash briefing”
- Alexa should start to read WAMW’s local news headlines. She won’t read the entire story but will leave a link on your smart phone should you want to read the entire story. You might even hear some of our local news audio!
- To stop Alexa from reading WAMW’s local news say “Alexa, stop” or “Alexa, cancel”.
Having problems? Contact Andy Morrison at 812-254-6761 extension 231.
Want to add this Skill via your computer? Click here!