The cold weather is here, which means you’re probably kicking on your furnace to keep warm. Before you do, make sure you’re taking the proper safety precautions.
One of the most common safety concerns in the cold weather months is carbon monoxide poisoning. This can be caused from a blockage in your heating system that forces CO fumes from your furnace to back up into your house.
Experts call it a silent killer as there are a number of things that can cause carbon monoxide poisoning and you may not know you’re being poisoned when it happens.
Symptoms of CO poisoning include headache, dizziness, nausea, and feeling that you’re going to pass out. If you experience any of these, get outside as quick as you can and take in some fresh air. The symptoms should subside, but it would not hurt to head to your doctor to get checked out.